Bloggy Friday: A Book Signing Offer
First off, I want to thank those of you in the Bay Area (and in Texas, Detroit, Chicago, Boston, et. al) who left comments or sent emails requesting a book signing. Unfortunately, I’m not the one who can set up such things. That’s up to the good folks at William Morrow, and right now they rightfully might be a little more concerned about book signings for the new Marley & Me children’s book. That lovable Marley!
I can tell you I will be in New York on Wednesday for a Varsity Letters book signing and discussion – more details available here. And for those of you in the NY greater area, you can also meet the great Seth Mnookin, who has made appearances on this site (and also the great Sally Jenkins, who has not). I’m also supposed to be on the Leonard Lopate Show in New York that Wednesday. I’m told he’s a New York legend, sort of an intellectual Joe Franklin (my friends). But if you live in New York you probably knew that.
Even though I’m in San Francisco, I’m not sure exactly how to make a book signing happen because of scheduling and other issues and also because I would not want to miss the opprtunity to be snubbed by Barry Bonds. However, I do want to sign any and all copies – so I’ll make a deal with you. The William Morrow people have been nice enough to send me these bookplates. They’re like stickers you put inside the book only they’re classy (I think).
Anyway, if you would like have a signed book, you can send an email to SoulOfBaseball (at) gmail.com (let’s try that email because I’m having all sorts of problems with the Soul of Baseball email on the Web site). Send me your name, address and any sort of dedication you would like. I’ll sign and dedicate a bookplate (or more if you’ve bought more than one book) and ship it to you.
Obviously, I’m assuming that I will not be flooded with requests (hey, stamps are expensive!) and if this offer should somehow manage to knock us over The Tipping Point and send The Soul of Baseball into Harry Potter land, well, as da (Vinci Code) saying goes, we’ll just cross that Bridges of Madison County when we come to it.
4 comments:
Ah-hah! Jeter's not the worst! Yay! [/sarcasm]
Loved the Princess Bride reference, by the way.
I wonder, will people be scared of the dread shortstop Tulowitzki?
lopate is a god.
Joe,
I suggest you edit your post so your e-mail address is shown as "soulofbaseball (at) gmail.com"
There are spam bots who scan web pages for e-mail addresses, with the intent of flooding your inbox with offers for male enhancement.
wow, thats pretty incredible. I was going to buy the book anyways, but I told a friend of mine about this and he said he'll probably get it now too.
Post a Comment