Baseball in Verse: Take 2
I'm on the road these days, which will explain why I have not gotten up the NL Central and NL West previews up just yet. They are coming. I promise. But I spent today in Humboldt, Kan., and Carthage, Mo., and tomorrow I'm in Elba, Neb., and Omaha. And the following day, I'm in Van Meter, IA. I suspect you, being a big baseball fan, can figure out more or less what I'm doing.
In the meantime, here is our next installment of Baseball in Verse to get you ready and fired up for the new season.
What's my opinion
of
Kingman's performance?
What the ####
do you think
is my opinion of it?
I think it was
#### ing
####
Put that in.
I don't ####
Opinion of his performance?
####
He beat us.
With
Three ####ing
home runs
What the #### do you mean?
What's my opinion
of
his performance?
How could you
ask me
a question like that?
What's my opinion
of
his peformance?
####!
He hit three home runs.
####!
I'm ####ing pissed off
to lose that
####ing game.
And you ask me ...
What's my opinion
of
his performance?
####!
-- Tommy Lasorda
2 comments:
The Lee Elia rant is also poetical:
What I'm tryin' to say
is
don't rip
them ******* guys
out there.
Rip me.
If you wanna rip
somebody,
rip my ******* a*s.
But don't rip
them ******* guys
'cause they're givin'
everything
they can give.
And right now
they're tryin'
to do more
than God gave 'em,
and that's why
we make the simple mistakes.
That's exactly why.
So... Walter Johnson, Carl Hubbell, Grover Cleveland Alexander, Bob Gibson and Bob Feller?
Post a Comment