Shameless Self Promotion II
Hey, at least I mark these promotional entries so you know in advance. This SSP is pointed at members of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City (and if you live near Kansas City and are not a member, what are you waiting for? Go to the Negro Leagues Museum Web Site and join today. If you don’t live near Kansas City, what are you waiting for? Move here. Great place to raise a family).
We’re having a private party for Negro Leagues Museum members on Wednesday, Feb. 28 to kick off the book and celebrate Buck O'Neil's life. It should be a lot of fun – several Royals Hall of Famers (including Amos Otis, Willie Wilson and John Mayberry) are scheduled to attend. There will be some live music, including performances by former Royals pitcher Al Fitzmorris (he still holds the team record for highest winning percentage among starters with more than 100 starts) and Kansas City native pop star Julia Othmer.
It should be great, and the best part: I don’t have to do much of anything (except sign books and eat and maybe say a few words - I'm not singing). Admission is $50 for museum members (memberships begin as low as $25), and that price includes one book, some food, drinks, a tour of the museum, you name it. By the way, all proceeds go the Buck O’Neil Education and Research Center. So this is a good cause. You can reserve your place (and become a member) by calling the museum at 816.221.1920.
2 comments:
If I lived anywhere near KC, I assure you I'd be there. With bells on.
Hey Joe, I read your article everyday on KansasCity.com
You are great, as was Buck.
My Blog is www.cultivategreatness.com and you, my friend, have made the blogroll.
Great stuff. I look forward to reading your book, as much as I enjoyed reading, 'I Was Right On Time', by Buck.
I hope you sell a bagillionty copies. :-)
-Travis Wright
Post a Comment